This is the perfect recipe for anybody on a low budget and need a quick home cook meal!
This is my favorite combination of ingredients to use and the best part is that the ingredients can be easily substituted by anything you want! How much of an ingredient you want to put in also depends on you! As long as you have the main 2 ingredients (pasta and alfredo sauce), it’s really hard to fail.
Step by Step:
*chop up all of your ingredients into bite size pieces
*start the hot water in a separate pot the pasta, cook as instructed on the box
- Add a little bit of oil and add the onions onto a pan to cook and soften.
- Add the chicken sausage (or your preferred meat) into the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- Add in the mushrooms, stir for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. You can choose to put the lid on so it will cook faster so you can hurry up and watch your netflix show.
- I choose to add the sauce before the I add in the pasta so it can soak in the ingredients. (Your pasta should be in the pot cooking and finishing up by now). You can choose to add extra flavor into the dish by adding in cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add in the spinach and again same deal, stir everything and let it cook for 1-2 minute since spinach cooks fast
- LASTLY, add in the pasta, give it a couple of final stirs and you’re done!
Look at that, a simple, easy yet filling and delicious meal done in 6 steps and less than 30 minutes. The perfect meal to make for a busy college student or when you don’t have much time 🙂
It’s also a good meal to meal-prep and have throughout the week!
Let me know if you tried this meal and enjoy!